Cordless cellular shades-Pros and Cons of Top Down Bottom Up
Cordless Cellular Shades
Cordless Cellular Shades with the top down bottom up feature have many benefits…They will save you money on fuel bills–they are much safer for your children–very easy to operate–and keeps the peeping toms from peeking in but lets you see out …..They work great on most windows but from my experience not all windows.
In this article I will review the pros and cons based on customer feedback and my experience as an installer. The technology has improve vastly since cordless cellular shades came on the market. Back then the bugs were still being worked out. I have installed this window covering on a regular basis and would say 98% of the time they work just like they are suppose to. There are a few occasions where they don’t, but it’s rare. Since cordless cellular shades have improved so much they added the top down bottom up feature.
The top down bottom up feature was added to allowed you to have a window covering where you can maintain your privacy by having the lower portion of your window covered while letting light in through the top. They are used alot in bedrooms, bathrooms and first floor windows facing the street.
- Clean look because there are no cords and one of the safest window covering for children
- Great for pets as well, no danglely cords for the cats to play with.
- Much lighter than other window treatments like a wood blind for example.
- Easy to install, same as regular cellular shades.
- Great solution for rooms where you want to maintain your privacy and still be able to see out and let light in.
- More expensive than regular cellular shades.
- If you have tall windows where you cannot reach the top then you also won’t be able to operate the top portion of the shade without a step stool.
- Hard to operate in hard to reach areas like over a kitchen sink or in laundry room over a washer or dryer.
- On larger size windows, the coils wear out quicker causing the shade not to stay up on their own anymore. on average size windows I havn’t seen problems. It’s when you start getting into sizes 50 inches or wider and lenghts 60 inches or longer. For the larger windows consider mutiplue shades. For example instead of one 72 inch wide, go with two 36 inche wide shades side by side.
I love to save money without sacrificing quality that is why I purchase all my window treatments online. Not only will you save money but they will send you a sample of the material at no charge so you can match it to your decor. Most companies will ship for free and guarantee their product. I hope this article helped bring to light some of the pros and cons of top down bottom cordless cellular shades
Click here for more info and a Great Price…Top Down Bottom Up Cordless Cellular Shades
Have Questions Then ASK THE EXPERT